Coconuts are a versatile superfood providing nutrition, health benefits, and amazing medicinal properties all wrapped in one delicious package. Coconuts are totally natural, easily available and affordable; and every part of the fruit is useful.
~ Green coconut water uses ~
- Natural, healthy source for hydration, energy and endurance, making it the perfect sports drink.
- Restores electrolytes after exercise, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Antiseptic properties provide antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal agents to purify blood killing measles, herpes, influenza, AIDS, SARS, hepatitis C…
- Useful for emergency transfusions due to being close in composition to human plasma.
- Used to prevent vomiting, nausea and replace lost fluids in cases of malaria, typhoid, influenza…
- Dissolves kidney stones alkalizing urine pH.
- Used as a natural cleanse, coconut water mixed with olive oil eliminates intestinal parasites.
- Coconut oil medicinal uses:
- Virgin coconut oil tastes and smells like coconut. Expeller pressed oil has no scent or taste and both types can be used medicinally.
- Kills bacteria causing urinary tract infections, gonorrhea, gum disease, staphylococcus, MRSA…
- Destroys fungus causing candida.
- Kills viruses causing flu, infectious disease, typhoid, HIV…
- Inhibits parasite growth such as tapeworm, liver flukes, giardia…
- Eases acid reflux, relieves gallbladder disease.
- Enhances proper bowel function and lowers incidence of hemorrhoids when oil is consumed.
- Relieves and heals intestinal disorders, ulcers, colitis, IBS, and Crohn’s disease.
- Stabilizes blood sugar and insulin production.
- Eases neuropathies and itching from diabetes.
- Protects against osteoporosis and reduces problems from cystic fibrosis.
- Enhances pancreatic function, enzyme production and reduces pancreatitis.
- Improves magnesium and calcium absorption, promoting stronger bones.
- Reduces joint and muscle inflammation, supporting repair of tissues.
- Regulates thyroid function.
- Protects against cancers of colon, breast, and digestive tract.
- Medium chain fatty acids (MCFA) protect against development of Alzheimer’s disease.
- MCFA strengthen heart and circulatory system protecting against artherosclerosis and heart disease.
- Prevents oxidation of fatty acids.
- Provides antioxidants to fight free radicals slowing aging and degenerative diseases such as arthritis.
- Relieves symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Reduces incidence and intensity of epileptic seizures.
- Stabilizes female hormones reducing hot flashes and vaginal dryness during menopause.
- Lessens symptoms associated with prostate enlargement.
- Strengthens the liver and protects against degeneration.
- Soothes earaches when mixed with garlic and olive oil.
~ Topical uses for coconut oil ~
- Forms a chemical barrier on skin to protect and heal infections.
- Topical applications relieve pain and swelling from hemorrhoids.
- Moisturizes and softens dry skin.
- Reduces bags, puffiness and wrinkles under eyes.
- Lessens occurrence and appearance of varicose veins.
- Preps skin before shaving.
- Mixed with baking soda, coconut oil makes an effective toothpaste.
- Soothes sunburned skin and promotes healing of burns and blisters.
- Heals psoriasis and eczema lesions.
- Stops pain, burning, and itching of bug and snake bites.
- Prevents itching from poison ivy, oak, and sumac.
- Promotes firm skin tone, preventing age spots, sagging and wrinkles.
- Eliminates head lice.
- Removes makeup easily.
- Heals nail fungus under finger and toenails.
- Prevent nosebleeds by applying light film inside nostrils.
- In combination with cornstarch and baking soda, coconut oil makes an effective deodorant.
- Makes an excellent massage oil, a natural personal lubricant, and great sunscreen.
- Conditions hair, prevents split ends, reduces frizz, controls flaky scalp and dandruff.
- Removes scars and stretch marks.
- Repairs cracked, sore, dry nipples from nursing.
- Heals diaper rash and removes cradle cap on babies.
~ Nutritional uses for coconut oil ~
- Enhances absorption of nutrients and improves digestion.
- Provides a quick energy source and stimulates metabolism.
- Produces immediate, usable energy source rather than being stored as fat.
- Increases metabolic rate, stabilizes body weight, and controls food cravings.
- Enriches milk supply for breast-feeding women.
- Doesn’t form harmful by-products during cooking when used at high heat.
~ Sources for this article include ~
Written by J. B. Bardo and published on Natural News May 31, 2012.
~ The Author ~
JB Bardot is trained in herbal medicine and homeopathy, and has a post graduate degree in holistic nutrition. Bardot cares for both people and animals, using alternative approaches to health care and lifestyle. She writes about wellness, green living, alternative medicine, holistic nutrition, homeopathy, herbs and naturopathic medicine.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www. law. cornell. edu/uscode/17/107. shtml